Thursday, March 13, 2008

Opening ;


It was alright.
Nothing like a perfectly realized accomplishment, or a series of them coming into the fore. Nothing like a good cliched statement, either, eh ?

Anyways, there is us, the Film Committee. Personally, I liked how it turned out our way. It has rather impeccably integrated and adapted the elegance ( yet stoic ) UKM presentation and fused it with a Filipino flair all its own, showing in pure evocative visual what we truly are all about, or must be. Glad to see the insistence for an organic and relevant sense of pathos in the work come into the output, and in a way that could be understood in a primal level. Basically, it worked. And I think a lot of people agreed.

My personal regret was that I wasn't able to show the DVD output copy I made, the video of which I processed through the Cyberlink software I'm beginning to love more often. For everybody's information, it is a filmmaking tool I've been toying around for sometime now which gives works funneled through there a higher sheen in a near 24 frames per second rate. Meaning it can elevate works to a look of film, and stay that way. I did the output under the assumption that our stuff will be presented on a TV and on a DVD player, but no complaints here at all. But people ought to have seen it. Stuff looks like a commercial from the '90s.....













Special regards to Athena for handling the editing chores and Bea for the pics.

No comments: